We are looking for a Senior Accountant/Analyst to work directly with the Accounting Manager and CFO to support and achieve the varied goals of the accounting department and the firm. Activities include recording and tracking revenues and direct costs, bonus calculations, journal entries, reconciliations, budgeting, forecasting, fixed asset tracking, and various ad-hoc analysis and reporting. The Sr. Accountant/Analyst will apply analytical skills with a strong knowledge of GAAP principles to prepare and analyze reports for decision-making. The candidate must possess “Intermediate” to “Advanced” Excel skills. The candidate will have a solid understanding of how accounting and operational processes integrate into the financial accounting software or ERP. The ideal candidate will help with best practices for operational/accounting processes. The Senior Accountant/Senior Analyst must be able to collaborate both with a team of accountants and with the firm, for the success of the team.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of our GL accounting system.
- Maintain department and firm-wide budgets (currently using QuickBooks, Centage and Excel), communicate budget to actual results with departments leaders.
- Update cash-flow forecasting models and other financial/statistical reports.
- Utilize various Excel functions (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) for calculation of bonuses, client profitability, and analysis of operational/financial efficiencies
- Compile reports and other financial statistical data for annual audit
- Aid in the transition to new accounting software (understanding of common operational/financial processes, management reporting dashboards)
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- “Intermediate” to “Advanced” MS Excel skills, especially vlookups and pivot tables
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages like QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Concur
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through, development of solutions which are scalable, and ability to communicate effectively with firm constituents
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work individually as well as within a team, and work cross-functionally on firmwide projects
- Supervisory responsibilities
- None currently required, but experience supervising others preferred for future growth opportunities
- There may be occasional travel to our Charlotte, NC office.
Required education and experience
[Indicate requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity].
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Five to seven years’ experience in corporate accounting or public accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate to Advanced skills)
Preferred education and experience
[Indicate requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity]
- CPA preferred
Additional eligibility requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Brightworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.